I always forget this, despite it being one of the most important features.
If you want to build a tab, that can pass a value from a custom field in RightNow as part of the parameter you can do it as follows:
- $p_ccf_ — use with contact custom fields
- $p_orgcf_ — use with organization custom fields
- $p_icf_ — use with incident custom fields
- $p_acf_ — use with answer custom fields
- $p_spcf_ — use with sales product custom fields
- $p_ocf_ — use with opportunity custom fields
Why would the “H” would one do this? Think of it this way. Client ABC has an existing portal that uses friendly URLs (like Ruby on Rails). So if I had an account-id custom field on an organization, I could pass that value and the web page shown in the control would present information pertinent to that account-id (aka. organization). HUGE savings.